The followings are regarded as improper charity mentioned in the Buddhist literatures:
1. Majja dana = offering intoxicants,
2. Samajja dana = donating for staging a show or a play,
3. Itthi dana = offering a woman for sexual enjoyment,
4. Usabha dana = letting off a bull into the midst of a herd of cows (for reproduction),
5. Citta kamma dana = donating pornographic pictures and paintings,
6. Sattha dana = offering weapons,
7. Visa dana = giving poison,
8. Sankhalika dana = offering iron fetters,
9. Kukkutasukara dana = offering poultry and pigs,
10. Tulakuta manakuta dana = offering defective balances and incorrect measuring baskets.
Although these ten kinds of offering are not included in Dana, some may have offered these things; he will be reborn in a woeful abode. So we should be careful to abstain from offering these ten kinds of improper charity.