Ditthijukamma means straighting one’s view or having faith in Karma and its results. It is of vital importance for all beings to have the right view. Perceiving, accepting and believing in the ten subjects of right view (Dassavatthuka) mean Ditthijukamma. So, to have the right view, one should understand the ten subjects of right view. They are:
1. There is a good result in an act of alms-giving, charity giving.
2. There is benefit in veneration.
3. There is benefit in offering gifts.
4. There is the Law of Karma and Its Results which teaches that moral and immoral deeds have respective consequences, in this life and the next.
5. There is benefit in tending and supporting one’s own mother, while neglecting her means an evil deed.
6. There is benefit in tending and supporting one’s own father, while neglecting him means an evil deed.
7. There are unseen worlds of hell, hungry ghosts, demons, devas, Sakkas and brahmas. Existence of such beings should be accepted as a fact.
8. There is this present world.
9. There is the next world or lives to come.
10. There are holy persons who have subdued their thought, word and deed. There are persons with jhanic insight or concentration who see this world and the next clearly. They teach such sights, views and visions in a correct way. We should have confidence in such samanas and brahmanas.
The above beliefs are true, beneficial and necessary for a Buddhist who wants to conduct his/her life on the Right Path, based on right understanding (Samma Ditthi). They are termed “Right View or Right Belief”. So that a Buddhist should take refuge in Three Jewels, the Law of Karma and Its Results, and Ten Right Views just mentioned. He or she will have a strength of character and do great service to the world by having these right views of life. Those who believe in the ten subjects of right view are called good sons and good daughters of the Buddha with the right view.
All beings, having faith in Karma and its result, and abandoning the ten subjects of wrong view, as well as the creator concept, and worldly concepts such as relying on astrological or magical potencies, should perform meritorious actions for the welfare of this world as well as for attaining good existences in the future. It is of vital importance and great benefit to all beings to have the knowledge of the right view on Karma and its results. By performing good actions with this knowledge, one will be reborn in good existences, will possess great wealth and will realize Nibbana, which is the extinction of existences. Of all evil deeds, holding the wrong views is the most grievous one. Those who hold wrong views very firmly cannot be liberated from the round of rebirths, Samsara even if they have the opportunity to listen to a discourse preached by the Buddha. These holders of wrong views will remain as the tree stumps of Samsara (Samsara Khanuka) forever, means wouldn’t escape from Samsara. So, all beings must strive to become holders of right view.
Doc Version Here In My Group:
Title- Ditthi (Wrong View)
Title- Ten Bases of Meritorious Actions (Ten Punnakiriya-vatthus)