I most reverentially make offerings of these flowers which are beautiful and fragrant to the Cetiyas (Dhatu-ceti, Dhamma-ceti, Uddhissaka-ceti and Paribhoga-ceti) as representing the compassionate Buddha, who is endowed with the Nine Supreme Attributes and is worthy of veneration by human beings, devas and brahmas.
I offer this pure and cool water to the compassionate Buddha who is endowed with the infinite accumulation of glory, merit and wisdom.
I offer lights (candles or electric lights) which can eliminate the darkness to the compassionate Buddha who is endowed with the infinite accumulation of glory, merit and wisdom.
Making a Wish
(1) Idam me punnam asavakkhayam vaham hotu.
(2) Idam me punnam nibbanassa paccayo hotu.
(3) Addha imaya patipattiya jati, jara, byadhi maranamha parimuccissami.
(1) May this meritorious deed of mine lead me to the cessation of moral intoxicants.
(2) May my deed of this merit be the support to Nibbana.
(3) Owing to this moral practice, may I really be free from rebirth, ageing, sickness and death.
Owing to my deeds of merit may I attain Magga-nana, Phala-nana and realize Nibbana which leads to the cessation of the Four Asava (moral intoxicants).
Sharing of Merits
Imam punnabhagam sabbasattanam dema
I share all of my merits with all sentient beings. I share all my merits with my parents, teachers, relatives, my guardian deva, the guardian deva of my home, the guardian deva of my town, the guardian deva of my country, the guardian deva of the earth, the king of hell, the king of devas, all devas and all petas.
May they all gain the merits of my meritorious deed as much as I do and may they all be happy and free from enmity.
May I call upon the guardian deva of the earth to bear witness.
May they all hear my words and rejoice in my meritorious deed!
Well-done, Well-done, Well-done!!!